Beskerming van Persoonlike Inligting
By Bryte respekteer ons u konstitusionele reg op privaatheid. Ons is verbind tot en onderworpe aan die Wet op Beskerming van Persoonlike Inligting, No. 4 van 2013 (“POPI”), met betrekking tot die verkryging, gebruik, behoud, transmissie en uitwissing van u persoonlike inligting. Ons sal die inligting wat u verskaf op wettige wyse nagaan en bevestig. Ons het hoëvlak-sekuriteitmaatreëls in plek om u persoonlike inligting te beskerm.
U persoonlike inligting hierin is hoofsaaklik versamel met die doel om versekeringsdekking aan u te verskaf, asook vir alle ander bedrywighede en prosesse wat gepaardgaan met en relevant is vir hierdie doel. U inligting word vertroulik gehou, maar ons openbaar dit aan sekere derde partye soos nodig en aan ander versekeraars spesifiek vir versekeringsdoeleindes en om enige vorm van bedrog te verminder en te voorkom. Die deel van inligting sluit in, maar is nie beperk nie tot, inligting wat gedeel word soos gereël deur middel van die Suid-Afrikaanse Versekeringsvereniging.
U gee hiermee toestemming en verstaan ten volle die rede waarom Bryte u persoonlike inligting vir die aangewese doel verwerk, gebruik, deel en behou, en u bevestig die akkuraatheid van die inligting.
U kan Bryte versoek om u persoonlike inligting wat deur ons verwerk is, te wysig, by te werk, te verander of reg te stel deur ’n versoek aan u makelaar of u naaste Bryte-kantoor te stuur.
’n Volledige weergawe van die toestemming om persoonlike inligting te verwerk, is by die skakel
(http://brytesa.com/insurance-partnerships/forms/personal-information/) beskikbaar om af te laai.
Indien u besluit om hierdie versekeringskontrak te kanselleer, gee u verder toestemming dat Bryte die inligting slegs vir statistiese en verslagdoeleindes ooreenkomstig die regtens toegelate retensietydperk hou.
Indien u besluit om nie die aansoek te aanvaar nie, sal die identiteit van die inligting wat ingesamel is, verwyder word en sal dit slegs vir statistiese en verslagdoeleindes gebruik word.
Consent to Process
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act 4 of 2013 (PoPI)
iMPAC Underwriting Managers (PTY) Ltd
We hereby wish to explain how we acquire, use, retain and disclose your personal information, as is required by the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (referred to as ‘PoPI’).
At iMPAC Underwriting Managers, we are committed to protecting your privacy and the integrity of your personal information by dealing with same in a lawful, legitimate and responsible manner.
What is Personal Information?
In terms of PoPI, Personal Information is defined as: information relating to a natural/juristic person, including, but not limited to—
• information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin,
colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
• information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
• any identifying number, symbol, email address, physical address, telephone number, location information,
online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
• the biometric information of the person;
• the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
• correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further
correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
• the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
• the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the
disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.
Purpose of collecting your Personal Information
As an insurance company your personal information may be collected by us for the following reasons, some of
which are mandatory:
• process policy applications;
• administering your policy;
• underwriting purposes;
• to provide you with access to our products and services, including but not limited to analysis, advice or
intermediary services in relation to your policy;
• monitor and analyse your conduct relating to the policy for fraud, compliance and other risk -related
• develop new products and services;
• to help us improve our offerings to you;
• to confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes;
• for the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
• to conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
• for audit and record keeping purposes;
• in connection with legal proceedings;
• to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or industry codes to which we subscribe or which apply to
us, or when it is otherwise allowed by law.
The type of information we collect shall depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used. We shall only collect information that we need for that particular purpose and no more than necessary. In some instances we shall inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
Primarily, information shall be collected directly from you; however, we may also collect information about you from other sources, with or without your consent. We may collect information about you from sources which are publicly available such as electoral roll, court judgements, bankruptcy or repossessions.
Website usage information is collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor
iMPAC Underwriting Managers
Registration number: 2011/004490/07
VAT number: 4780266021
Authorised Financial Services Provider No 45245
Stone House, 510 Makou Street, Monument Park, Pretoria, 0181
Disclosure of your Personal Information
Your personal information is kept confidential, however, under certain circumstances, to ensure the purpose of collection is met, we may lawfully disclose it to the following third parties:
• Service providers;
• Insurance association or other insurers;
• Medical and statutory authorities;
• iMPAC Underwriting Managers authorised personnel;
• Court of Law;
• Governmental bodies;
• The regulator.
We may also disclose your personal information, where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes or where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights. The third parties above may sometimes be located outside the Republic of South Africa.
We have agreements and security measures in place to ensure that all third parties to whom your personal information is disclosed comply with the terms and provisions of the PoPI Act. We ensure that third parties fully understand the duties and obligations they become encumbered with in retaining the privacy and integrity of your personal information.
Protecting your Personal Information
In terms of legislation we are obliged to implement measures and strategies to ensure protection of your personal information, whereby, unauthorised access and use is deterred. Our security policies and procedures which are reviewed on an ongoing basis include the following:
• Physical security;
• Computer and network security;
• Access to personal information;
• Secure communications;
• Security in contracting out activities or functions;
• Retention and disposal of information;
• Acceptable usage of personal information;
• Governance and regulatory issues;
• Monitoring access and usage of private information;
• Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is secured. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
Access to your Personal Information
You may contact our offices to enquire what personal information we hold for you. We shall make the information available to you upon request and after reasonable satisfaction that you have confirmed your identity to us.
Correction of your Personal Information
We are obliged to store information which is accurate and updated. You may update, correct, amend or delete your personal information at any time. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before
making changes to personal information.
You have the right to address any complaints you may have regarding your personal information to our complaints department, details of which are available on our website, alternately you may contact the Personal Information Regulator:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
316 Thabo Sehume Street
Tel: 012 406 4818
Fax: 086 500 3351 email@example.com
Please note that we may amend this notice from time to time. Please check our website periodically to inform yourself of any changes.
Declaration and Informed Consent
I declare that all Personal Information supplied to iMPAC Underwriting Managers for the purposes of processing and administering my policy and related legal and operational reasons is accurate, up-to-date, not misleading and complete in all respects. I undertake to advise iMPAC Underwriting Managers of any changes to my Personal Information should any of these details change.
I hereby permit iMPAC Underwriting Managers to process my Personal Information, as provided above, and acknowledge that I understand the purposes for which it is required and all terms and provisions in this Notice.
Should you at any point wish to revoke this consent please contact us – details available on our website – and
we will assist you accordingly.